Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Problems and I'm going home..

I recently heard someone talk about a certain problem they were facing. Since this individual in discussion is quite senior (age, experience, what seems to be wisdom, etc.) I thought it best to shut my trap and continue to listen to what could be the grandmother of a useless solution finding attempt (imagine.. it's useless and still only an attempt). I listened till I could feel that if my ears had tear glands, they'd probably exhaust a lifetimes supply of tears! So I decided to walk away..

"..why don't you try "this" (to protect identity) instead"

I got a pat on my back and a whole load of "awesome dude"! Well.. honestly for all you people reading, if I ever gave you the situation, I'm sure 11 out 10 times you would have thought the same thing. Why, why, why (for the love of Jesus) can people not see the real PROBLEM? Don't tell me about symptoms and causes - it's sometimes a load of monkey poo! Look at what matters to you - and you'll always have the answer. In project management we call it "Critical Success Factor", and for the record there can be only one.

Simple logic - The problem is an itch, the solution is, scratch!

I'm leaving Bangalore on Friday (unless someone really high up in the corporate ladder doesn't have the solution to an itch). I'm happy, but at the same time I feel I'm going to miss the place (especially since I don't ride a bike in Pune, and if I do, Rami is on the back seat). Please take that in the humor it was intended. But honestly, I will miss Bangalore. It's Bombay on Monday and I'm apprehensive all over again about the crazy paced life. It's strange how Bombay never lets you take it for granted and cities like Bangalore and Pune - you know you'll be fine.

So long Bangalore, Pune here I come! Bombay can wait till Monday to kick my butt into my face!

P.S. I think I've developed an allergy to cell phones. Really. My ears get red and as big as the Incredible Hulks (Thank God they don't get green). So, if I don't call anyone of you this time when I'm in Pune - you know why. I have a feeling this allergy will be gone after about 3 weeks. Cheers.. breathe you soon, oh air of Pune!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rashmi.. what did you remove?

    Well let's just say.. it's not in my control to have to come back to Pune. And no.. I'm not rying to "tell" you anything!

    Am I right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) I can't hide anything from you can I???? I guess u read the comment before I removed it...

    ReplyDelete