Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year and whatever..

My New Year resolution is to update my blog more often. Really.

It's not too much fun when you're writing a post at 8:30am at an Airport Terminal (Hong Kong) without any sleep since yesterday morning (and with a bad hangover), and have no cigarettes and don't want to buy any 'cause your travelling to a country (Philippines) where a packet of Marlboro costs $1 as opposed to having to buy an entire carton of them in what is probably the worlds most expensive "Free Duty". No, that's not a typo - that what the Chinese people call it, "Free Duty". Now whatever in the fuck that means. All this while waiting for one of the Airline staff to confirm if your check-in baggage can be transferred automatically, or if you will need to go through immigration, get a 14 day visa stamped, then collect your baggage, come right back through immigration and walk 1 1/2 kms to the boarding gate. I shit you not! The funny thing about this walk, is that they actually have walkways that move only in the opposite direction!! Who says the Chinese don't have a sense of humor? I think they're fucking laughing at me right now, hiding in those many many corners of the terminal.

But if a land of my fantasy were to exist, I'm quite sure it's somewhere in China.

P.S. The technique is going to be - have short posts and write often, even if you have loads of things to say today, hold it for 5 days later! Let's see how it works!!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm Lalu....your new resolution should be more like....I'Ll quit smoking or something like that....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHO IS LALU!! >.<

    I like my resolution more than the one you suggested anyway man! (I wish I could use that "talk to the hand" smiley from BBM right now)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy man I guess always in airport checking in and out , blog at this part of time oh well something to do one way to kill waiting times in the airport I guess lol:-))))

    ReplyDelete