Dear All,
If you do intend to do something major and want witnesses to the episode, be nicer than sending Facebook invites. I understand it's cheap, but that's what it makes you look too.
Have a heart to do some traditional things. Ask a photographer what those prints mean to him. Ask you parents if they still have letters and cards from those years. And yes, please send people invitations (preferably paper or any other material which can be printed upon and mailed or hand delivered) if you expect them to be a part of what may be only important to you. They'll be there just so they can share the moment with you. If you did not have that moment, they'd be no different. Remember?
And yes, since I've NEVER been on Facebook and expect people on Facebook to know who they have on their "friends" list, you could not have expected me there. Could you?
Love,
Martin
P.S. An anonymous comment written today on one of my earlier blogs (much early this year) triggered this off. The audacity amazed me for a moment and I decided to return the favor. But I mean no harm.
No hard feelings. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Okay, so maybe the person who wrote that comment did actually invite me to their wedding. But this post still holds..
ReplyDeleteI heard of this friend's friend who updated facebook to anounce the sudden n sad demise of her husband who was in his thirties.... so i think if people use it for marriage invitations, that's still decent. I've deleted my account. The people who matter and want to get in touch with me have my phone no.
ReplyDelete