Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My best friend's wedding.

I wonder what took me so long to write this. Let's just say I've been busy living my life.

Gona and Sonali got married on the 16th of Feb. I'm glad I was there. The way things were working out, I was very close to missing it. I missed Tarun's wedding (not that it stopped him from getting married) and I think he would have liked me to be there.

Gona was always the most sorted of us (Vikram, him and I). I'm not surprised that he was the first to take a nose-dive into marital bliss (hopefully). Back in the days all of us had something or another going for us. It made us stand out from the rest. Gona was the type that stood out among people that stand out. I remember thinking that all people have atleast one flaw. Not him. While I have wasted many years with very little to show for, he had his goals set very clearly in front of him (being a footballer may have helped a little here though). Now soon he'll have his own family. Awesome Gona!

Gona also happens to be one of the few close friends of mine that doesn't follow my blog and that I guess helps right now.

I don't think seeing Gona get married affected me in any way. I didn't feel wierd or anything. Maybe when Vikram gets married I will throw that fit! I'm actually sure I will.

Sonali and Gona, All the best for your life!

P.S. I've now known Gona for 17 years. That - is disturbing! :)

4 comments:

  1. you missed my wedding too..chutiya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did get an invite and this is not akshay....and i want my wedding gift too!bloodyyy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured Sneha.. So i'm going to take the comment off..

    ReplyDelete
  4. fine.. but i wasn't kidding about my wedding gift..i want one.:)

    ReplyDelete