She's been the greatest inspiration in my life.. She's been the perfect woman. The reason I find most 'independent women' not independent, is Her. She redefined independent even for a man.
I owe her so much that if she asked me to jump off a 100 floor building, I'd do it with a smile (a big one, that). Girls in my life have said I'm a mamas boy, yeah, only, mama's got a license for a gun!
I told her something yesterday that I thought she would completely freak out about. But I needed her approval. She, the lady that she is, did not even wince when she said "good beta". I haven't told anyone about this particular 'thing' yet. But I will. It's probably way too close to my heart to talk about and I'm still in the process of being sure. Not in a bad way. In a good way where you feel, can this really happen to me?
She's the strongest human being I know. She's seen the worst of things and she's got the warmest smile. A teacher in my school once asked me, "are you Jannet's son"? "You have her smile". I couldn't stop smiling that entire day. I was like a retard walking around with a smile plastered on my face.
Every Christmas when it's freezing outside I come out of church in the middle of the night and hold my mothers hand. It's always warm. She doesn't even know it happens every year.
I'm extremely impressed with her. For a guy that's never impressed with anyone or anything, this should tell you why.
I love my mum, very very very much (Herbert beats her by the skin of a teeth though). I miss having her around. I'm lucky she had me.
P.S. (A very unnecessary post script)
Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin: I think a man. And then I take away reason and accountability.
(As good as it gets)
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment