Friday, July 31, 2009

Friendship Day!

Someone came running upto me in office today and asked me if I was going to be in office tomorrow for sure. I said I was sure I would be. She then asked me to be present in the conference room at 6:00pm. I told her that I couldn't promise that 'cause I'm sure I have something at that time.

They're playing some kind of a game in office (oh sorry, it's called "having an activity"), since the 2nd of Aug is Friendship Day (I don't believe we're "having an activity" for it) and some girl picked up a chit with my name on it, now she's supposed to do something to make my day. I have no clue of who the girl is or what she's about to do. Not that it'll take much in office for anyone to make my day (I'm so screwed most of the time). It didn't end there. A guy walked up to me later in the day and asked me again to be there "Atleast just for 10 minutes".

I don't think I ever celebrated Friendship day. I mean how do you celebrate it anyway? I remember in 1999 when a few people in school came up with Friendship bands to me. After the 2nd band, I took them off an put it in my pocket. Now every person that gave me a band, I'd just take out someone else's from my pocket and give it to them. "Very Smart", huh? Actually not. A girl gave me very pretty band that she made herself. Really colorful for my taste. There was a wierd design on it, which looked something like “П7IN”. I obviously gave it away to someone else. This girl came up to me later that day with the very band that she'd given me. I tried to tell her that it wasn't the same band - only for her to put it on my hand and make me realise she'd put her name "NILU" on it.

It's funny how apprehension builds up on you. I'm not excitied or anything but I have to admit in some corner I'm a little nervous. Infact I'm hoping she doesn't sing me a song or do something over the top, 'cause I'd be very embarrassed. I've never been able to take attention too well.

Well, more tomorrow on this then (if it's worth it, that is).

P.S. The story about Nilu is true. The worst part is that there were witnesses to this episode, who for the next 3 or 4 years would remind of it.
And please try not to judge the girl because her name is Nilu!

3 comments: