So, I finally bought an entire carton of Benson & Hedges Special Filter from "Free Duty" to kill that bloody craving! I don't know why I didn't just buy Marlboro. I thought I'd smoked B&H before, but that first drag made me feel like something sucked out all the moisture from my throat. It was almost like I'd smoke a joint! Maybe it was just the cigarette after so long and the obvious dehydration from not drinking water for so long. It's a little weird for my to drink water from those funny taps where the flow of water is actually upwards. It's not the flow of water that bothers me though, it's the position I feel I'm in while trying to take a drink. Try it - you'll know what I mean! Well, I'm now stuck with those cigarettes and I think I'm getting used to them. I'm sure by the time I'm habituated it will be time to get back to Gold Flake Lights! Next time I'll just buy my carton in India instead of trying to be a cheap ass! Lesson learned Misters Benson and Hedges.
Eventually the airline staff did come back to me, the guy actually looked for me till he found me (making a big mistake) in the "Free Duty" area. He handed me my boarding pass and said, "You're visa is okay". I had no energy to fight with the man and conveniently assumed that the Chinese dude probably meant my BAGGAGE was okay. Why would he be worried about my Philippine visa anyway? Not like I was going to stay in his country! He then asked me to accompany him to his desk and I can swear he took the long way around with all the walkways moving in the opposite direction. He even walked like he was wearing roller stakes with me trying to keep up and almost lugging my handbag. Anyway, I reached his desk where he asked me to show him my passport and then gave me my boarding pass (after taking it back from me) and said, "Baggage don't claim"! If this was another country I would have tried to give him my kung-fu super kick!! I then explained to him that he had already wasted a lot of my time and now if I had to go through immigration and collect my baggage and then return, I was sure to miss my flight. To which he said, "Yes, baggage no claim. Go have cigarette and catch flight. Come I show you cigarette place". I'm not making up his sentences, I promise! Finally, after "seeing" the cigarette place, regretting my decision and with peace in my heart I walked away as far as the airport would allow from mainland China!
I'm was almost 24 hours without sleep and hoped to catch some shut eye before I reached Manila and ran straight to office. On the flight I was seated next to this lady and her plump 5 year old son. (I just think "plump" fits the description of that boy so well). I had the aisle seat and she requested me to take the window seat instead, to which I politely agreed. What I did not think is that why would a lady with a plump 5 year old not want a window seat? As I sat down, I could see this boy trying desperately to look out of the window from the middle seat, so I asked him if he wanted to sit there. His mom didn't allow him to sit there and she said if she did, he wouldn't allow her to rest. Alright. The flight took off and the lady went to sleep like a baby, while the plump 5 year Filipino boy jumped all over me to look out of the window. I could have hit him if he didn't have such a scary looking mother. The little plump dude almost knocked my entire lunch on lap at one time!! I really wish I had like a dart gun with tranquilisers - I would use all my ammo on that boy. And then reload and do it all over again. Eventually, I did not get any sleep, stood in the immigration line for an hour, waited 30 minutes for my baggage (funny it's called that) and finally dragged myself to a cab to the hotel.
The hotel room was such a surprise!! But I'll keep that for my next post.
P.S. I don't smoke up. I did once and I knew how it felt. Hence, the reference to the joint. Don't be getting ideas!!
Eventually the airline staff did come back to me, the guy actually looked for me till he found me (making a big mistake) in the "Free Duty" area. He handed me my boarding pass and said, "You're visa is okay". I had no energy to fight with the man and conveniently assumed that the Chinese dude probably meant my BAGGAGE was okay. Why would he be worried about my Philippine visa anyway? Not like I was going to stay in his country! He then asked me to accompany him to his desk and I can swear he took the long way around with all the walkways moving in the opposite direction. He even walked like he was wearing roller stakes with me trying to keep up and almost lugging my handbag. Anyway, I reached his desk where he asked me to show him my passport and then gave me my boarding pass (after taking it back from me) and said, "Baggage don't claim"! If this was another country I would have tried to give him my kung-fu super kick!! I then explained to him that he had already wasted a lot of my time and now if I had to go through immigration and collect my baggage and then return, I was sure to miss my flight. To which he said, "Yes, baggage no claim. Go have cigarette and catch flight. Come I show you cigarette place". I'm not making up his sentences, I promise! Finally, after "seeing" the cigarette place, regretting my decision and with peace in my heart I walked away as far as the airport would allow from mainland China!
I'm was almost 24 hours without sleep and hoped to catch some shut eye before I reached Manila and ran straight to office. On the flight I was seated next to this lady and her plump 5 year old son. (I just think "plump" fits the description of that boy so well). I had the aisle seat and she requested me to take the window seat instead, to which I politely agreed. What I did not think is that why would a lady with a plump 5 year old not want a window seat? As I sat down, I could see this boy trying desperately to look out of the window from the middle seat, so I asked him if he wanted to sit there. His mom didn't allow him to sit there and she said if she did, he wouldn't allow her to rest. Alright. The flight took off and the lady went to sleep like a baby, while the plump 5 year Filipino boy jumped all over me to look out of the window. I could have hit him if he didn't have such a scary looking mother. The little plump dude almost knocked my entire lunch on lap at one time!! I really wish I had like a dart gun with tranquilisers - I would use all my ammo on that boy. And then reload and do it all over again. Eventually, I did not get any sleep, stood in the immigration line for an hour, waited 30 minutes for my baggage (funny it's called that) and finally dragged myself to a cab to the hotel.
The hotel room was such a surprise!! But I'll keep that for my next post.
P.S. I don't smoke up. I did once and I knew how it felt. Hence, the reference to the joint. Don't be getting ideas!!
Ha ha ha ha busting out laughing right now as I write this it's just the way u said about that plump kid lol:-)))))) if I was in ur place I would have blown up with anger lol u are so patience lol:-)))
ReplyDelete