"Are you sure you want to quit this application"?
So, Bill Gates decided when he created windows, it was worth an ask if someone was very sure of something they wanted to do.
Sometimes I wish life was this way. I wish our creator (or evolution, in your case Vik) would have put this in our head every time we made a decision. May be Bill realised the shortcomings of a human being and said, "You know what, since I am going to be brilliant, let me add a little experience of 17 years to an application I will design". I have come to like that message every once in a while, 'cause I'm just not sure sometimes.
I wish for every decision we make (some so spontaneously), our system would put a message in front of us saying, "Are you sure...". But then again, do we not ask ourselves (sub-consciously atleast), "Am I doing the right thing". So maybe what should have happened is something like this - "Are you sure...", "Seriously, think about it again...", "You're Drunk/You're not listening to your instincts..", "One last chance.. think, think, think...", "I told you so...".
What if we are making the right choice all along? Would this help? Does a click of a button mean same as a decision in life (think about those emails you regretted).
I think with all the evolution that happens, this should be one of the pieces that evolution ought to pick up. Imagine a millennia from now, no one will make a bad decision 'cause "doing this could make you lose important data" or "your system may no longer function in the desired manner" or worst still "Don't say I didn't tell you so".
Let's hope evolution works the way ONE man said it does.
P.S. "Are you sure there is a God"?
Options - Yes, No & Go back, make the right choice (2nd level option).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha..
ReplyDeleteyou know, Gmail has a feature in Labs, where if you try to send an email after midnight, it gives you four simple math problems to solve first!!
that way, if you're too drunk for simple math, you're probably too drunk to be sending that email!!
i think it's genius!!
:-)
and what do you mean, "in your case, Vik"??!!
ReplyDeleteEVOLUTION IS NOT "MY CASE"!!! IT IS SCIENCE!!!
when will I ever get through to you and your girlfriend?!!
HAHAHAHA!!
:-P
See now Vik, gmail wouldn't have to do that if evolution simply took over. THAT would be genius! "In your case..." is a long pending dig at you :)
ReplyDeleteA spontaneous reaction/ action is always the most honest one... You're human, not a machine... N don't mistakes make life more interesting???
ReplyDelete